- 1 large sweet potato
- 1/4 cup dried, unsweetened cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 4 beets peeled
- 1 bunch kale, chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp wasabi
- juice of a lime
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Dice sweet potato into 3cm cubes. Peel fresh beets dice into 3cm cubes.
- Toss on a baking sheet with coconut oil, salt, and pepper. Bake for about 40-45 minutes, tossing occasionally until the vegetables are soft.
- While the vegetables are cooking, blanch the kale to reduce bitterness and soften the greens. To blanch, stir the chopped kale leaves into boiling water for 2-3 minutes, drain, then run under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- In a large bowl, toss together the sweet potato, beets, pecans, cranberries, kale, and quinoa.
- To make dressing, place vinegar, wasabi, and lime juice in a blender. Blend on medium for 30 seconds. Switch to the lowest setting and slowly pour in oil with the motor running.
- Add dressing to salad and toss well.